If your Businesses has a tax debt of under $10,000, the IRD will soon begin taking action to contact taxpayers with outstanding tax arrears.
If you are in tax arrear with your Business, you need to check this out.
Outstanding debts included the following conditions:
- The debt is more than 60 days overdue,
- The amount of the debt is between $200 and $10,000,
- The debt is assessed (i.e. not missed provisional tax instalments),
- The client account is active
- There is no active tax pooling indicator on the client’s account.
It’s important to organise a payment plan within 60 days’ of the due date or the IRD will start taking recovery action.
If you are in financial hardship and unable to pay your tax debt to the IRD, you can apply for financial relief. The IRD will write off your tax debt if they find that you are in a serious hardship affecting your ability to pay for the outstanding debt
For those of our Clients who have outstanding tax debts, we can assist you with making payment arrangements to address your tax debts, such as setting up instalment payments or arranging tax financing.